THE TIDJANIYA'S CONDITIONS CAN BE DIVIDED INTO 5 CATEGORIES:
1ST CATEGORY: THE SPECIAL COMPANIONSHIP BETWEEN THE SHEIKH AND HIS DISCIPLE
1. The disciple must follow no other spiritual path for the entire duration of his life -- The Tidjaniya pledge is a life-long commitment (with no possibility of abandoning it)
2. The disciple must limit his visits to the saints, whether they are dead or alive to those that have been authorized by Sidi Ahmed Tijani (may ALLAH sanctify his precious secret), although he must show full respect for the sanctity of all the saints. It is permitted to visit the companions (May Allah be satisfied with them all) of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him), those who follow the Tidjaniya path, and, of course, the Prophets.
3. The disciple must perform all the mandatory prayers of the Tidjaniya, i.e. the compulsory litanies (the adhkar which are: the Lazim, Wadhifa, and Hadra on Friday), with great care and assiduity, throughout his life. Note that when a pious vow has been taken, even though, from a general point of view, a voluntary good deed may be considered to be commendable, it becomes obligatory within the context of the pious vow.
4. The disciple must never express outrage, animosity or hostility towards Seyidina Ahmed Tidjani (May Allah be satisfied with him). Such disrespectable behaviour is characterized, for example, by not heeding his recommendations and warnings.
5. The disciple must always and unceasingly show love towards Seyidina Ahmed Tijani (may ALLAH be satisfied with him).
6. The disciple must never criticize Seyidina Ahmed Tijani (may ALLAH be satisfied with him).
7. The follower must firmly believe and never refute the words of Seyidina Ahmed Tijani (may ALLAH be satisfied with him), for they follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah. The same applies to all of the Awliya.
The follower who disrespects any of these conditions will immediately lose his affiliation to the Tariqa. He will only reconnect with Sheikh Ahmed Tijani (may ALLAH be satisfied with him) after repenting, and, having renewed his pact with him, (with one of his Muqqaddam), expressing profound sincerity in the desire to further his education.